Richards Reflections

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Egg Retrieval Day 0

Well today went very well. They were able to retrieve 26 eggs and only 3 of them were not mature enough to fertilize. The morning started off with a little Valium for me so I could have cared less what was going on by the time they got me back into the operating room. I took some self portraits of Terry and I while we were waiting for me to go back.

don't i look lovely in that hat :)

Today was considered Day 0 for our little embryos. Todd, the embryologist, called us at about 11:30 and he had already fertilized each of the 23 eggs. He will now call us everyday and let us know how they are doing. I know that he will take good care of them while they are outside my body. He has been working for Dr. Schnell for 12 years and does an awesome job. They will either be transfered back into me on Sunday or Tuesday. We are hoping for Tuesday because all the research I have done states that 5 day transfers have better success rates.



I was out during the procedure and didn't wake up until they took me to recovery. I was cramping pretty bad when I woke up. And continued to hurt until I couldn't take it anymore. Terry finally called the doctor's office at about 3:00 and they called in a prescription for pain killers for me. I am felling sooooo much better tonight, but still hurt when walking around. I've tried not to do to much of that.

Adam, Lori, and Avery brought us dinner tonight. Olive Garden.. YUMMY!!! It was so thoughtful of them and even more appreciated. Mom is going to come over and make me chicken and dumplings tomorrow. Yea for good food.

Now our prayer is that the embryos will develop the way they need to in order for them to be given back to me. Thank you so much for all the kind words, prayers and comments. It means so much to us to know that everyone loves us so much. We Love ALL of you TOO!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that today went well. Your mom sent me an email and I was so glad to get it. I am praying for you guys and am continuing to do so, it took all I had not to call you today, and you know how hard that was for me, but I resisted and let you rest! I hope you are able to sleep tonight and are not in much pain! Terry, take good care of her! Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

ok, that picture CRACKS me up! I LOVE the hat! I think you should definately frame that one and keep it forever! haha!!! Thanks for the updates!