Richards Reflections

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Big Girl!!

Yesterday I had my first shot. It was called Cetrotide. I have been on birth control for the last month (no that is not why we couldn't get pregnant). Dr. Schnell put me on bc so that my ovaries would go to sleep, so they could manipulate them to do what they need to at Dr.'s orders instead of what my brain tells them to do. Yesterday my Cetrotide shot was to begin waking them up.

I went over to Adam and Lori's and Lori made me an ice pack to put on my belly beforehand. I iced it for about 30 minutes. Lori mixed all the medicine up like a pro (well she is). She gave me the shot and guess what...........I didn't even feel it.......until about 30 seconds after it was over and the medicine starting soaking in. It burned a little but nothing this big girl can't handle. I've said it already but thank goodness for Lori. She made yesterday so much easier on me and she is going to help with the next one also.

I begin daily injections of a follicle stimulating drug called Gonal-F on Saturday. I'll do those for the next 8 to 10 days after that. Some of those days I will be getting up to 3 shots a day. Here's hoping I can keep being a big girl.

I did so good that I even got a reward when it was all over with. Lori and Adam have a beautiful 6 week old baby girl and I got to play with her. Adam even dressed her up in her SFA shirt for me. Thanks guys, you are the BEST!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad it went well! I think Lori should give them to you all the time! Do you trust Terry with a needle??? HAHA!