Richards Reflections

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Big Day!!

This week has been productive in the our life of IVF. Monday morning we arrived at our 8:30 dr.'s appointment at 8:40. Why you ask? Terry insisted that he needed a red bull. I of course was having a fit. I was already nervous about this appointment and he needed a red bull. He kept saying "We always have to wait a long time before they call us back" I kept saying "I don't care". Sooooooo we waited in the waiting room for 45 minutes. Terry was right but I was still a nervous wreck. We finally got back in the room at 9:26. I was nervous because this was the day we would find out if we passed for the rebate program. Rebate program means that if this doesn't work the first time, we get to try another cycle for "free". And if it just doesn't work at all we get half of our money back. Now the good news is.....WE PASSED AND QUALIFIED!!!! This also gives me peace of mind that this really will work because we had to meet stricter guidelines in order to qualify. The procedure they had to do was a little painful but nothing awful. Terry held my hand and of course had some "in"appropriate jokes that made me laugh. They also did a test transfer. This is the trial run for putting the embryos back into my uterus after they are fertilized and created in the petri dish. (That's right our child(ren) will be created in a petri dish.) That also went fine. So now Dr. Schnell has a "map" and can get those babies right where they need to go on "THE DAY". Whew.....thank goodness all that was over.

Now it is time to sign all of our consents. There was a consent for EVERYTHING!!!! We got those signed and then it was time to go over the medicine. DU DU DU. YIKES!! These shots are the scariest part for me. I still don't fully understand but thank goodness for our precious friend Lori. She is going to help me out with this scary process. She is a pediatric nurse at Texas Children's Hospital and gives shots to babies, I'm kinda like a baby when it comes to shots. My very first shot is next Tuesday. I'll let ya'll know how that goes.

After all that overwhelming business we trucked on up to the front (that is my East Texas talk) and signed our contract and PAID our money. WOW!! I hope we don't have to pay that much money again. Then Terry wanted to go eat at Berryhill. I chose NO and told him when he got all that stuff done to him he could choose the restaurant, I wanted to go to Kemah. So we ate at Landry's on the Boardwalk!!! It was so beautiful outside, nice and relaxing. After all that business I needed a nap. I may as well enjoy those now while I can. Mom says I won't get them anymore after I have a baby.

Please keep the prayers coming. This is really happening and is quite overwhelming, but we are holding pretty well right now.

You can also leave us comments on this page. Just click on the little comment link at the bottom of this blog and write what you want. We like those. I have gotten several great emails and we really do appreciate the support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sounds like everything is going well so far. I think about you everyday. You and Terry will be the best parents in the world! Love ya- Mel

Anonymous said...

Emily & Terry,
We are here for you. We wish you all the best. Adam
and I can't thank you enough for all your support you
have given us. The blog spot is such a good idea. did
I mention how freakin' cute ya'll are.
We love ya'll,
Adam, Lori and Avery