Richards Reflections

Monday, May 28, 2007

Shots and Happy Birthday NIKI!!

Well let's see where should I start. I went to the doctor this morning, the follicles are still looking great and growing exactly how they should. My estrogen however is over 4400. TRIPLE YIKES!!! They are concerned with hyperstimulation after the retrieval. They have me drinking lots of water, gatorade and protein shakes. Regardless, the egg retrieval will be on Thursday of this week. I will get my BIG intramuscular shot tomorrow which will release the eggs. Thank goodness for Lori once again. She will be giving me that big boy.
On a different note, Happy Birthday Niki!!!!! Niki is my best friend. We call her Inki, my cousin Braunsen couldn't say Niki so he called her Inki and it stuck. I first met her in August of 1993 as she was sitting in my anatomy and physiology class. When the teacher did not call her name on the roll she raised her hand and said "oh, this isn't chemistry". Turns out she was in the wrong class and I still can't figure out how she ended up in that classroom as it was way off the beaten path. The room she was suppose to be in was on the main hallway. Anyway she was also in my homeroom and not too long after school started I was getting ready to leave and she was asking for change for the candy machine. I said, "don't you live in Boca Raton, that is right across the street from my subdivision." She said, "yes". So I offered her a ride home and thus began a beautiful friendship. Niki is from New York and at that time I was only a couple years out of living in East Texas so we were quite a pair with our dueling accents. I would literally have to translate for her when she ordered coffee. It is hard to believe that we met nearly 14 years ago. She is absolutely hilarious and has the biggest heart. I (along with my whole family) love her dearly and she has definitely brought some flavor into our lives. I could seriously write for hours about some of the funny things we have gotten ourselves into and even longer about the things she has gotten herself into. So Happy Birthday Inki, I love you!!!





Inki and her new DYNAMO jersey




Ink and Em

My dad with "all" his girls

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily:

I so appreciate your blog and keeping all of us updated on what is going on in your life! You make us feel so involved without being there with you and Terry! I am praying for you and Terry during this time and ask God to continue blessing you during this process!

I am sorry, however, that the shots hurt! I, myself, am also a little squeamish when it comes to shots and blood being drawn! You, however, are doing great!

I love you,

Aunt Marcia