Richards Reflections

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Days #7 & 8 of shots

I have just administered day #8 of shots and all is still going well. I had blood work drawn yesterday and my estrogen was over 1600, today it was over 1900. It has slowed down so that is good. They were getting worried that it was getting to high to quickly. I had an ultrasound this morning. The follicles are still growing. There are quite a few (at least 12) that are between 11 and 14 mm in length. I say 12 because the ultrasound machine would only let her measure 6 on each side. There are approximately 40 follicles in all, just don't know the sizes. They are probably all a little smaller because she was measuring the biggest ones. She also said my uterus was "BEAUTIFUL". They keep telling me that so I'm thinking that is a very good thing. The nurse this morning told me it was "textbook". I like the sound of that. My ovaries are HUGE right now. They are each bigger than my uterus. When I was called back this morning the sonographer asked me with a very concerned look on her face how I was feeling. I said "crazy" but other than that "fine". She asked if I was feeling bloated and I told her not really. She was surprised because of how big my ovaries are. BUT as I sit here typing away on this blog I can consistently feel my ovaries and they are pushing on my back and my stomach. YUCK!! I'm definitely feeling bloated now. I go back on Monday morning for another ultrasound and I will find out then for sure when the egg retrieval will take place. They are saying Wednesday or Thursday which means the embryos will be put back on Monday or Tuesday of the next week (June 4th or 5th).

Our prayer right now is that the follicles will continue to grow at the correct rate and that there will be plenty of eggs to choose from on retrieval day. So far, so good. I'm still getting very positive feedback from the doctor's office. I pray that is what we keep getting.

0 comments: