Richards Reflections

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Dallas Shower, 29 weeks, and a Chicken dance

Terry and I traveled to Dallas this weekend for a baby shower given to us by two of my aunts and my cousin Tiffany. The shower was a double shower for Terry and I and my little brother and his girlfriend who are having a boy at the beginning of May. We left on Friday after work and headed that way. We had a pretty uneventful trip up, which is the way we like it. We had a great weekend and a HUGE thanks to the hostesses for giving us such a wonderful shower!!!Standing behind the diaper cake my Aunt Marcia made. (29 weeks)

The table


My cake. My cousin Tiffany made this cake. There was a cake disaster but she did a great job at remedying the situation. She had stayed up until 4 o'clock the morning before making the cakes and mine decided to jump out of her hands on the way out her apartment door on Saturday morning. She was really upset when she came into the house and I knew something was wrong. They told me what happened. I felt really bad for her because I knew she was really tired. She just happened to have made an extra cake so she iced it up and we ate it. It was delicious. Thank you Tiffany for the WONDERFUL cake. I brought some home. I think I'll have a piece when I'm finished blogging!!!Aunt Marcia, Me, Aunt Michele and Tiffany (The hostesses)

Terry, Me, Alyssa, and Tim

Mom

Terry and I with our moms.

Terry and I with our grandmothers. Both of our dad's mothers.

Cousin Tiffany and I

Tiffany, Me, and Calli

Terry and I with his sister, Angie

Proud parents-to-be!!!

My friend Melanie and her little girl Hunter. Melanie was a bridesmaid in our wedding. She is a fellow lumberjack!!

opening gifts

Another gift!!


After the shower we decided to go out to eat for the birthdays in March and April. We ate at Babe's . YUM!!! This is the adult table.


And here we are at the kids table.Aunt Marcia and Aunt Michele with their chicken beaks getting ready for the birthday chicken dance.

My cousin Tyler.


And last but certainly not least....Papa, with a chicken on his head.
Now for the best part. Papa performing the birthday chicken dance.



0 comments: