Richards Reflections

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happenings....

Let's see..... alot has happened over the past week. First off Monday was very difficult for me because it would have been the day we took our pregnancy blood test. I found myself in the worst mood and not even taking a shower until 4 in the afternoon. I kept telling myself to stop thinking about it but I couldn't help it. After Terry got home I was able to get in a better mood. Having him home made me feel better. So glad he didn't have soccer this week.

Tuesday morning I got a phone call from the lead counselor at the "real" high school in my district. As soon as she told me who she was I knew exactly why she was calling. She was calling to offer me a job at that campus. I had gotten wind that this may happen and had already given it some thought. Of course when I first "heard" about it a couple of weeks ago I immediately thought NO WAY am I leaving these kids. Then after she called and it became real I began to really think about it. Weighing pros and cons and what was really keeping me at my school. I realized that the ONLY thing that was truly holding me back was the kiddos. I love all the counselors at the other campus. They have all been a great help to me this year. There are so many more oppurtunities for me at the "real" h.s. AND this huge 5A high school was recruiting me to their campus with NO interview, major confidence booster. Soooo last night I did not sleep at all. I was literally awake when Terry's alarm went off this morning. I thought about it all night and began to get really excited about this possibility. I had decided that I would make a decision by today so I was ready to commit to the move. THEN this morning I get a phone call from one of the other counselors, who was my mentor this year- love her, and she tells me she "heard" that this counselor backed out of her move to the neighboring district and was no longer leaving. WHAT!!!!! I stayed up all night with this and now it is off the table. So I called the lead counselor and told her that if the job was still available I would like to commit. She acted like she knew nothing of what I had been told earlier. (She was also on vacation in Arkansas, so the principal hadn't called her.) She was so excited. She called the principal to tell her that I was going to do it and sure enough it was no longer an option. I am so disappointed, but I do know that everything happens for a reason. Things are going to be so different at my campus this next year because we have a new principal and assistant principal. I lost my ally in all of that. Now don't get me wrong, I really do LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the kids I work with at the alternative school. I was just really excited about this opportunity to grow as a counselor and learn new things. Oh well, I'm not giving up on it completely, there's always a chance she may end up finding another job. I know God has a plan for me so I guess I will just wait and see what that is....

This past couple of months have been a roller coaster ride of emotions and I see no end. And all the hormones that have been running through my body.......NOT HELPING. Sometimes I feel like a crazy person. And I have hot flashes to look forward to with my new shots. LOVELY!! My grandparents called yesterday to let me know about those. My papa is on Lupron for his prostate cancer so he was giving me fair warning. They thought it was funny that we were going to be on the same medicine for two TOTALLY different things. Papa said he hoped he didn't get pregnant. He's so funny, that guy can always make you laugh. Thank goodness for that.This is Papa and I on his 80th birthday. We will be the menopausal family members together for a few weeks.

0 comments: