Richards Reflections

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Home Sweet Home

As some of you may know by now, I did end up in the hospital. Tuesday I was so miserable I couldn't stand myself. My stomach was HUGE and I was having a hard time taking deep breaths. I called the doctor, relayed my symptoms and she wanted to see me at 7 Wednesday morning. At about 6:15 Wednesday morning our cell phones started ringing and it was Dr. S. She was checking to see if my stomach had gone down any and if I felt better. I told her no and she sent me straight to the hospital. We checked in at about 7:15, I was somewhat dehydrated strangely enough. They had a hard time finding a vein to put in my IV and draw blood. Strange for me because they can always get blood easily. Anyway I had an ultrasound which of course showed still huge ovaries and fluid in my abdomen. The only things they can do to get the fluid off are to (a) let it drain naturally or (b) use what is called a tap (needle in the stomach) I choose (a). I also had a chest X-ray that showed a little fluid in my lungs. I got lots of fluids from the IV and they also began breathing treatments for me. I had great visitors while I had my short stay, Mom and Dad came and visited as did Lori and Adam and of course baby Avery. Lori came back today and spent quite a while with me which was GREATLY appreciated as Terry really needed to get some work done today. It definitely made the day go by faster.

I did not sleep at all last night between hourly trips to the bathroom, blood pressure and temp checks, and my husband SNORING in the bed next to me. Today my stomach had gone down some, I could breath better, and I felt MUCH better. We were finally discharged around 7:00 tonight. I am so glad to be home. I told Terry I am going to press the reset button on my summer when I wake up in the morning. This was not at all how I intended to spend the first week of my summer. Obviously our plans have changed a little, but we are now OK with that. They were able to freeze 10 embryos which is AWESOME!!! Yesterday during my ultrasound the sonographer said, all together now.........."your uterus is beautiful". So even though I've got some crazy stuff going on down there the most important baby grower is still beautiful. We are feeling positive about our Frozen Embryo Transfer. Still nervous but positive. I'm thinking it will be the end of July when we do all of the FET. I will know more about time lines and calendars in the next couple of weeks. I will continue to update. Some may not necessarily be about IVF but I kinda like this blogging thing so I'm going to keep doing it. Thanks for the prayers, they are working because the fluid is going away and that is exactly what we want!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home and feeling better. We love you and are praying for 100% recovery.

A. Michele and U. Gary

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for you and Terry and are so glad that you are home and feeling so much better! We love you lots!

Aunt Marcia & Uncle Jerry

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are feeling better. I know that this week has not been the greatest but I hope that things continue to look upward for you and Terry.