Richards Reflections

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Day 3

Well all of our embryos made it through the night. We still have 16 of them. 7 of them are 8 cells and 9 of them are 4 cells. They are still behaving exactly as they should be.8 cells 3day old embryo

Todd also did assisted hatching on them this morning. "Assisted Hatching is a technique that is used to improve the probability of the embryo's implantation. Assisted Hatching involves the Embryologist opening a small hole in the outer membrane known as the zona pellucida of the embryo. This opening improves the ability of the embryo to leave its "shell" and implant into the uterine lining. " www.infertilityivfhouston.com/glossary.htm
Assisted Hatching

We will go in for our transfer on Tuesday at 6:45. Please continue to pray that these little guys will keep progressing as they have so far and that they will implant in my uterus when they should. Terry and I are getting very excited. We already feel like those are our little children. We are worried about them and can't wait to get updates on them. We are still very cautious but excited nonetheless.

My pain continues to reduce but I am still tired. Yesterday we went to my cousin Madi's dance recital, she was the best one up there by the way, and it wore me out. That was the first time I had been out of the house since Thursday. I'm not sure if I should be this tired but they say everyone reacts differently to this procedure. And I do know that anesthesia wears me out.

So that is all for now. I may not have anything to update tomorrow but we will just have to see!!!

WE LOVE YA'LL!!!

0 comments: