Richards Reflections

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

1 week

We are so in love with this precious baby girl. She is so sweet! We went to the doctor on Monday and she still only weighs 6lbs 5 ozs. She is just a tiny little thing. I just want to squeeze her and kiss her and stare at her all the time.

Photobucket

She is such a good baby. She is a completely different newborn than Bella was. She eats like a champ. This is such a different experience for me because Bella and I had such a hard time with breastfeeding. I now completely understand why breastfeeding moms are so gung ho about it. Brynlee has done such a good job and I absolutely love being able to provide her with her complete nutrition. I'm pretty sure it's going to break my heart when I have to go back to work and eventually have to stop. I'm going to at least try to keep going in the mornings and evenings. We will see how long my milk lasts. BUT for now I will continue to love feeding her.

Photobucket

She rarely fusses. And she sleeps very well too! When she is awake she is very alert to her surroundings and seems to be watching us. She is pretty noisy, but I love her sweet sounds. They are comforting at night. She sleeps in her cradle next to me. Most nights she is awake when I put her down and she coos until she falls asleep.

Photobucket

I'm completely amazed that I have yet another baby girl. I am doing everything I can to savor every moment of her infancy. I know it doesn't last long. So when she needs to be held, I sit and hold her, maybe even longer than she needs. I seriously can't get enough of her. My life is pretty much perfect.

0 comments: