Richards Reflections

Monday, December 7, 2009

Mother's Day Out

So today was Bella's first day of Mother's Day Out. I took half a day today to be able to take her and pick her up on her first day. Before we left she was in such a good mood, talking and playing and just being silly.
She was just a happy little princess.

When we got there her teacher's assistant led her over to the table and she sat there like a big girl and played with a puzzle.
We chatted with her teacher as a few other kiddos came in and Bella stayed at the table and played. We kissed her good bye and were on our way. We got out of there without any tears.
But then I went to pick her up. I went to the door and peeked inside and there was my Bella standing in the middle of the room crying. It broke my heart to find out she cried pretty much the whole time. Apparently she started looking for us after we left and got pretty upset and stayed that way. She was good as long as Mrs. Alma was holding her....oops! She would get really upset every time they transitioned to a new activity; snack, lunch, and the oh so dreaded nap time. She did not take a nap today. Not even when I got her home. Needless to say she will be headed to bed at about 7 tonight. I know that this is totally normal, I did teach Kindergarten! But it feels so very different on the other side. I can't stand for her to be upset. From now on Mom will be taking and picking her up so she will get to be the one that deals with this. I'm afraid tomorrow might be worse. I know she will get use to it just as Ryan has. Even though he went in and did just fine :) He's such a good boy! Mrs. Alma said they really didn't pay much attention to each other but when I got there she kept telling him "hi". He actually met me at the door when I got there this afternoon. I wanted to get a picture of the two of them but I couldn't put Bella down without her crying. I did steal some sugars from my sweet nephew though!! I think it will be fun for them to be in the same class and do this together. Their Christmas program and party are next week. I'm forseeing that our Bella might not participate. Here's hoping she makes a liar out of me!!

Good luck tomorrow, Mom!!

0 comments: