Richards Reflections

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in Review {Christmas Day}


So Bella was pretty good this year so Santa Clause did in fact come visit our house. It was our tradition in the Cox household to open our gifts from Mom and Dad on Christmas Eve and then Santa would come over night and we would wake up to Santa gifts and our stockings on Christmas morning. We were able to do just that this year and it made me so happy to be able to start that tradition with Bella. Santa brought her a new baby that has 3 outfits and a carrier, books, movies, fairy wings, a crown and a magic wand. Her very favorite gift from the big jolly guy was her Radio Flyer wagon. She A.DORES it!!

"Come on guys! I heard Santa came last night!"
-Bella getting ready to go downstairs


In the wagon {where she would have stayed all day if given the opportunity} with her sock monkey, wearing her wings, crown and holding her magic wand.


She LOVES this thing. Notice her monkey and baby are sitting on her side. She wanted them in her seat. On a side note we have seen her mature so much in the last week in the way that she plays and interacts with her toys. It has been so fun to watch.

On this Christmas morning we were lucky enough to have my parents and grandparents over for breakfast. I hope this is a tradition that carries on. We thoroughly enjoyed having them over for pancakes, sausage and eggs {I don't think I've ever seen my grandfather eat so much :)}. Then we all sat around and watched Bella learn how to climb into her wagon all by herself. I promise it was very entertaining. She did take a break from the wagon long enough for her Nana to read her a book. Books are her favorite "toy" besides her new wagon. You can almost always find her with a book. The kinder teacher in me L.O.V.E.S. that!

Mema and Papa with their great grandgirl


Christmas Day afternoon we headed over to my parents house to have Christmas with them and my brother and his family.

Mema and Terry helping Bella dig in to her stocking from Nana and Papa.

The girl loves her some necklaces! Thanks Nana!!

My cutie nephew. I love to kiss his little face. He cracks me up!

Courtney getting a shirt that may as well have her name on it. She is a "chatter box" but she is very precious!

Ryan got a new storage bin for all of his toys.


Bella got another new baby and a stuffed dog.

The kids made out like bandits at Nana and Papa's. All kinds of toys and clothes and even new bath towels. They got so much there was no way to take pictures of it all!! They are well loved, definitely not spoiled :)!

Mom got a new quilt. We found it at the nutcracker market!

I wonder what he was thinking about?

All three kiddos got to go for a ride in Bella's new wagon!

Ryan is into trains so I couldn't resist getting him his first Thomas the Train, train. I have a feeling there will be many more of these.

We attempted to get a family picture. This was a good as it got! Bella wasn't feeling it.

Tim and his family!
They were ALL looking at me!

Attempting to get a picture of Mema and Papa with their 3 great grandkids! Again Bella not feeling it.

Another attempt. Bella was not in the mood for pictures, who am I kidding she never is!

Bella lovin' on Ryan.


Sweet kisses for a sweet cousin!

We had a fabulous Christmas this year. One of the best actually. I think it had a lot to do with Bella being a little bit older and watching her getting excited about new toys! Although it's possible that our Christmas breakfast with my parents and grandparents was my favorite part. That was such a special memory!

Up Next: Christmas in Review {Christmas with The Richards'}

0 comments: