Richards Reflections

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Sneak Peek


We took Bella out this past weekend to take her picture for our Christmas cards and it just so happened that she is now 18 months old as well.... No, REALLY?!? The picture above cracks me up because it is so HER!! She is such a little ham and has such a HUGE personality. She discovers new things everyday and it is so much fun to see things through the eyes of a toddler...yes I said it, toddler. She is quite opinionated. So much so that one day she didn't wear pants to my parents. That's right folks when Bella decides it's a "no pants day" she means it. Even better was the look on both her and Terry's faces after they had this slight disagreement, someone was defeated and it wasn't Bella.


Her newest favorite phrase is "I see?" and "You see?". All the way to Dallas for Thanksmas she waved and said "hiiii-eee" and "I see" to all the 18-wheelers. And every time she was just as surprised and excited to see one as she was the truck before.


She now has 11 teeth. And she bites hard. Lucky for me, I'm the only person she bites. I often have teeth marks on my hands as she enjoys chewing on me. Lovely. Let's just hope she doesn't decide to chew on a friends hand at Mother's Day Out.


This week she had her first ear infection. Monday morning she woke up with fever and it went up even after we gave her Tylenol. We went to the doctor within an hour of them opening (awesome, right?!). So she is on antibiotics for the first time. I would say we did pretty good not getting sick for 18 months.


She has been sleeping in her bed for several months now. We bit the bullet and started a bedtime routine. At 8 o'clock the 3 of us head upstairs and change her diaper, read a book, and put her in bed. There has been lots of tears and several nights that she wakes up and ends up in bed with us. When she is teething she does not do well at night but we are still working on it. For the most part she is doing a good job and so are we!!


We also had her tested for allergies because of the whole "milk" issue. Turns out little stinker is not allergic to ANYTHING, not even mold or dust or trees or MILK. Seriously, how is she related to me?!? We still don't know why she was having such nasty diapers for such a long time but they have gotten better and she LOVES her milk and cheese.



She is so precious and funny and wonderful and just an all around mess. She has a mind of her own and she really pays no attention when you tell her "no". As you can tell by our Christmas tree being in confinement.

She also LOVES Gabby a whole lot. Her favorite thing to do is tease Gabby with food. Poor doggy thinks she is gonna get a bite and Bella moves it away every time and then giggles really hard.

She's a great kiddo. I think we will keep her :)!!
I love her a whole lot!

Oh and there are more of her pictures on my Photography Blog. That's my fun new venture. It's still a work in progress but I'm enjoying taking pictures!!

0 comments: