Richards Reflections

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day




Today I celebrated my second Mother's Day as a mommy. This little girl made me a mommy almost 2 years ago. It has been amazing being her mommy and I am so happy to have her around. She is so precious and wonderful and makes me laugh and smile all the time.

This morning while I was getting ready for church I hear her coming into the bedroom with Terry. "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" she was saying. She was caring a little box and Daddy was also carrying a little box. Daddy said, "Say, Happy". She said "Happy!". Daddy said, "Say, Mommy's". She said "Mommy's!". Daddy said, "say, Day". She said," Daaaaaay-nk You!" So she got a little confused and turned day into thank you. It was the sweetest thing. This is what I found in the boxes. I LOVE it!! I was totally surprised. I have wanted one of the these necklaces for a while. It says, "we love you". So perfect!

After church we headed over to Mom and Dad's to have lunch. We are not out to eat people on these holidays. Dad cooked amazing steaks.... I ate every bite of mine!! And we also had a good spread of veggies. Yummy! Tim, Alyssa and Ryan came over with too!

His little shirt says it all!!

I love this little girl more than words can say. She made my day today by being more of a mommy's girl than she normally is. She is normally a daddy's girl all the way. But today she was a mommy cuddlebug and I ate it up. She wanted to be held and during church she laid her head on my shoulder and patted me. It's possible that I had to try really hard to hold back the tears.
Ryan and Bella got to hang out and play. Notice what is in front on Bella....my iphone. She loves that thing.

He is pretty cute, that nephew of mine.

Alyssa also got some playtime in with the kiddos.

And Happy Mother's Day to my mama. You are AWESOME and I love you so much. I am so glad that you are my mom.

Mom and Dad! Ok....they are both AWESOME!!

After we came home we put Bella down for her nap and I decided to take advantage of a nap myself. Terry told me to go take my nap in our bed so he wouldn't wake me up. I slept for 3 whole hours. It was fantastic!! Best nap I have had in a couple of years. That was a great ending to my Mother's Day!!

Thanks to my family for making this such a great day!!

0 comments: