Richards Reflections

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Date to Prom

Saturday, after Terry became a triathlete, we headed down to Galveston. It's that prom time of year. Prom was at Moody Gardens and we decided to stay at the hotel. We headed on down there so that Bella could get some play time in at the pool. I couldn't believe Terry was still going strong but he was. We lined up my assistant principal's daughter to babysit for us so we could both go to prom. Maddie offered to take a picture of Terry and I and then we headed downstairs to see what all the kids were wearing. That's my favorite part, seeing all the dresses. Anything goes for prom these days. There are all kinds of dresses and I think that is so cool. From 9-10 I had to stand at the door with the other counselors and punch tickets. While there, a special ed student that works in the South campus counselor's office stood with us. He cheered for everyone that walked in the door so we cheered and in no time all the kids that were going in and out were also cheering. It was awesome!! We all danced and cheered at the door. I bet those kids had never been welcomed like that before. This little guy is so precious and entertaining and he likes pranks, a lot. You never know what he is going to do next. He is the sweetest thing. Plus there is a special place in my heart for special ed kiddos considering I worked with them all the years that I taught.

Terry ended up going back to the room early because he was tired. It's not like he did a triathlon or anything. I'm not sure what his problem was :). Unfortunately when I got to the room, I discovered that some crazy high schoolers were in the room next to us. Not cool. Luckily they settled down and we were able to sleep. I was not going to be happy if I had to get up and call downstairs because I didn't want to get out of bed. The phone on the night stand had to be unplugged because Bella had been using it earlier. I'm pretty sure she called someone.

My handsome prom date.

The next day we slept in and then headed down to the strand to eat lunch. We apparently brought a diva with us. I'm not sure how that happened.

the diva and her daddy.

We ate lunch and then walked around on the strand for a little bit. It's so nice to see that businesses are back up and running after Ike. As far as I can tell all the shops re-opened. I think some of them are new but each store front had a tenant so that's a good thing. I'm so glad we live so close to the island, there is so much character there.

0 comments: