Richards Reflections

Friday, May 8, 2009

Walking

Saturday night, which would have been May 2, Bella took her first step. So exciting, Right?!?! At first we weren't real sure it had really happened. Terry put her down on the floor and she was standing just our of arm's reach from the ottoman. Out of the corner of my eye I see what looks like her taking a step. I quickly look at Terry who says, "Did you see that?" I said, "Did she just do what I think she did?" So of course we had to get her in the floor and see if she would do it again. She was facing me so I got her all riled up and sure enough she stepped with her right foot. She would NOT step with her right foot. I was a little worried she may walk in circles for the rest of her life. Then Wednesday night we were at it again, this time the prize for walking was Mama's necklace from around Daddy's neck (cute huh?). Wouldn't you know that little dear took 5 steps in a row. A girl and her jewelry!! She looks so cute toddling around. She has been doing a little practicing so I'm sure she will be off on her own in no time. YIKES!!

Funny Bella story: When I got home from work on Wednesday she was home with her Daddy. I walked in and she was excited to see me as usual (or so I thought). I hurried over to her to get my afternoon loves, she immediately goes for my necklace. A few minutes later I put her down, she starts crying, I'm thinking she is sad because I put her down but quickly realize she is actually mad at me for taking "her" necklace. I hand it to her and she is happy. She is sitting on the floor playing with "her" necklace and somehow gets it around the dog's neck. The dog walks off with "her" necklace and you would have thought the world had just collapsed around her. She lost her mind. She was so upset with Gabby for taking "her" necklace. Terry and I couldn't help but laugh. Terry called Gabby back over and the necklace dropped on the floor right in front of Bella. All was right in her world once again.

Funny Courtney story: Courtney has been working really hard to learn to ride her bike. Dad has been out there teaching her to ride and she has come a long way. A couple of months ago Dad moved her training wheels up as high as they would go because she didn't need them anymore. Shortly after he actually took them off and she lost her mind. He ended up having to put them back on because she wouldn't get back on her bike without them. She has been riding her bike with those training wheels up as high as they go for some time now. Just this week she has finally started taking off on her own without any help. She has come a long way. Today I told her she needed to take off her training wheels. She told me no, that they were decoration. I'm pretty sure the training wheels will be around for a while.


Here are a few pics of Bella. We took her out the other night to do a little home-cooked photo shoot. I actually got a new lens but it came after we did this. I really wish I had have had it then but we still got some great pics. Enjoy the many facial expressions of Bella!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay, Bella! Take all of the photos you can now...before she gets fast on her feet!

Susan Cox said...

Oh my, you really caught her. Beautiful job as usual. Love you!

Jack said...

What cute pictures! Bella is just precious. (tilly has that outfit too; don't you just love bubble suits?!)