Richards Reflections

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, this was my first Mother's Day to be a real live mom. This last almost year has been one of lots of learning. It has been amazing to begin this journey with a great man by my side, an awesome child for me to learn (on) from (who happens to be chewing on my knee at the moment), and an unbelievable mother of my own to turn too. Two years ago on Mother's Day I cried ALL the way through church. I knew there was still hope of getting pregnant but I was just so tired. Boy am I glad to finally be a mom. Bella has been such a blessing to me and I seriously feel like I love her more everyday. I pick her up and sometimes I just squeeze her. This morning she actually squeezed me back and then patted me on the back for a minute, so sweet.

While this was my first Mother's Day I still wanted to make sure that my Mother was celebrated as well, she brought me into this world (she could probably still take me out if she wanted to :). For some reason this morning we were running REALLY late to church. I was so upset on the way there because we were late (major clothing issues for this mama), I knew Mom was sitting by herself (Dad sings) and this was her first Mother's Day without her "mama". We sure do miss that Grammy of ours. Mom was already concerned about waiting for lunch as Mother's Day Sunday lunch is always a madhouse. So we decided to just hit the grocery store on the way home and cook burgers at our house. Mom and Dad actually got to our house before we did and were already comfy out in the backyard. Terry got everything ready and cooked the burgers AND cleaned up. AWESOME!! After we ate we decided to let Bella play in her water toys out on the deck. We know how she loves the water.


My mama
Bella, Me, and Niki



DISCLAIMER: The rest of this blog has a story about poop. If you don't want to read about poop (Bella's poop) then stop reading now.




After we ate Bella got to enjoy her new water toy (you will see this in her B-day party pics as well). She loved this thing.




While she was sitting there splashing about and minding her on business, she actually did her business. All of the sudden her face was bright red and it was obvious she was pooping. Here is how this went.

Mom: Look at her, I think she is pooping.
Niki: (playing on her phone, then flailing her arms) AND IT'S COMING OUT THE TOP OF HER DIAPER!!
Me: (running over to pick her up) Yep it's coming out the top. Get the wipes, we need a new swimmer.

I take her out as diarrhea is floating in the water. Dad comes over and dumps out the water. I stand Bella on the deck with poop running down her legs wondering how in the world I'm going to deal with this. Mom comes out with wipes about the same time Terry comes back into the backyard (where was he anyway). I had undone one side of her swimmer but Daddy to the rescue says: "Undo the water hose, get the swimmer off and lets take her in the yard and hose her down." Alright!!


And now she is all clean!!

Don't worry we didn't throw her in the trash and the water toy will be nice and clean for next weekend.


Later we got out her pink pool and all sat around her with our feet in it. Nice and refreshing.

All in all today was a GREAT first Mother's Day, poop and ALL!! Bella even took a long nap and let me blog today!!

0 comments: