Richards Reflections

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

IKE is EEK!!

Well it looks like we could be getting some of this big ole nasty storm near us. My school has canceled for Friday and most area schools have canceled for Thursday and Friday. It appears we will be riding out the storm right here. I'm a little worried as I have never experienced a hurricane except for what we got in Nac from Rita. I have lived in the Houston area since '91 and have never been through a full out hurricane. Terry is still debating on whether or not to board up the house. Dad got a generator so if we lose power at least we will have a place to go. This storm is so crazy because it isn't giving us a definite idea of where it is going to make landfall. Oh well, I guess we will just be "hunkering down"!!

0 comments: