Richards Reflections

Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting Close

We are getting ready to head over to my cousin's house. The first bands are coming through but we aren't feeling any real effects yet. We are getting stuff off of the walls and finishing packing. I really have no idea what all I need to pack. I'm just throwing stuff in.

The Strand in Galveston is already flooded, not from rain but the water is already coming up that high from the coast. It looks like it will be a direct hit on Galveston which is actually a better scenario for us a little further inland. The storm surge should not be as bad so the flooding hopefully will not be as bad. We are still hoping it may go in East of Galveston. I guess time will tell. They are predicting that we could be without power for at least 2 weeks. UUUUGGGGHHH!!!! At least there is a bit of a cool front coming through right after the storm. Maybe that will make it bearable. We do have generators at Lesli's, THANK GOODNESS!!

Our family is going to be a little spread out but we will be in the same area. Tim, Alyssa, and Ryan will be several miles from us at Tim's best friend's house. Last I heard Courtney was going to Carthage with her mom. That may have changed, they may have decided to stay, but I'm not sure. We will be with my parents and grandmother at my cousin Lesli's house. All of our houses are boarded up, quite a strange feeling actually.

Cell phone service is already not great. If you want to get ahold of us the best thing to do would be to text message us, that seems to be going through better.

I'll keep posting as long as I can. I'm thinking we will probably lose power sometime tonight. Maybe, HOPEFULLY, we will be lucky and we won't!!

Pray for us!!!

0 comments: