Richards Reflections

Thursday, September 11, 2008

IKE is EEK!! part 2

Alrighty, we are officially "hunkering"down. I love that phrase, it is so Texas!! Anyway, Terry is boarding up the house as we speak. I got home from work about 20 minutes ago. Yep that's right, work, and because I left early to prepare for the hurricane I had to use a personal day. WHATEVER!!! Our zip code is not under mandatory evacuation. Some of our neighbors are staying put right here. We will be headed over to my cousin Lesli's house where we will ride it out with my parents. Safety in numbers, right?

Apparently our neighborhood is the second highest spot in our city. Let's hope that is right because I really don't want water in my house. I am EXTREMELY nervous about all of this. Serious stomach problems this morning caused by my nervousness. I will continue to update as long as I can. For now the weather is beautiful!!! What will the next 48 hours bring?

0 comments: