Richards Reflections

Monday, October 17, 2011

Fun with Lexi at the Zoo

Our cousin Lexi got to spend the day AND night with us! Bella had such a great time having her with us. As soon as she got to our house Saturday morning we loaded up the car and all 5 of us went to the zoo. Terry pulled the big girls in our wagon and I pushed Brynlee in the stroller. We packed snacks and rolled right through the zoo. Actually I kinda felt like we ran. The zoo was pretty crowded and Terry was charging full speed ahead. There were several animals that the girls literally just got a glance at as we sped by. I still haven't figured out what the hurry was. Possibly the heat mixed with the crowds. Regardless, the big girls had a blast! We even rode on the carousel!

Photobucket

We did get to stop and get out in the children's zoo area.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wasn't sure if we would ever get to leave the playground. The girls really loved that part.

Photobucket

We also stopped for a dance break. In case you were wondering, this is totally normal for the zoo. I'm pretty sure everyone takes a dance break.

Photobucket

Terry did let them look at the elephants. He was holding Lexi up as well but I snapped the picture to late. The elephants were doing tricks with pumpkins. Well they were smashing them, I guess that's a trick.

Photobucket

We took the opportunity on the way out to do a little picture taking. Bella doesn't cooperate with me very much.

Photobucket

Photobucket

These girls are pretty funny together!

I put the girls to bed Saturday night and a few minutes later I heard Lexi crying. I went upstairs to check on them and ended up getting in bed in between them (twin bed). We discussed our adventure of the day and went through all the animals we saw at the zoo. It was so sweet to lay there and rehash the day with them. After about 20 minutes or so I told them goodnight again and they went right to sleep. YAY!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunday morning all three girls had on denim dresses for church. Brynlee didn't make any pictures. Bella loved having Lexi at church and in class with her. Hopefully we can have another sleepover with Lexi real soon!

0 comments: