Richards Reflections

Monday, October 10, 2011

A Day I Don't want to Forget

Thank you Christopher Columbus with this beautiful day with my beautiful girls. Bella had the day off from school so the three of us girls have had a great day at home. Yesterday was rough so this day was even better. Bella has been back to her sweet, respectful, precious self today. We made mini muffins for breakfast this morning. Bella poured and stirred all the ingredients, then she helped me dip the batter into the muffin pan. After I put them into the oven she watched them "grow". The best part is that she actually ate the banana nut muffins! She has played and been so sweet to Brynlee. She even jumped down from the table at lunch to go get her paci for her. Terry brought us lunch and put Bella down for her nap. He told her that Mommy would be here when she woke up and that he would be gone. (She hollers for him EVERY time she wakes up.) I went to take a shower and when I got out I could hear her talking. She was hollering for Mommy! Of course I went in because that never happens. She was so sweet and asked me to lay down with her so I did. She scratched my face and my arms for me. She told me she really liked my hairstyle and that it was amazing and that I was a princess. (My hair was wet.) We counted our fingers and our eyebrows. We curled our tongues. She checked out my "toofeses". I finally decided that she needed to go to sleep so I told her I was going to go and let her go to sleep. That sweet little girl actually thanked me for laying in her bed with her.

Bella is a complete and total Daddy's girl. So much so that I often hear from her, "Weave me awone, Mommy." It makes me sad to hear those words from her but at the same time I love to watch the relationship she and her daddy share. So when she is extra sweet and lovey with me, I take full advantage!

There are no pictures of this day. It is simply seared into my memory.

0 comments: