Richards Reflections

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 4. Old San Juan

Our last day we checked out of the resort and headed to Old San Juan. I think OSJ is one of the neatest places I have ever been. We kept hearing about how pretty it was so we decided that we had to check it out before we headed to the airport. Our flight didn't leave until 4 so we had plenty of time to do some exploring. That is one thing that I really loved about this trip, the amount of exploring we did. OSJ was super clean and had the most beautiful buildings. I wish that we had been able to spend more time there because there was alot more that I wanted to see but we didn't have the time. We just walked up and down the streets and went in and out of the shops. There were all kinds of shops down there from souvenir shops to Radio Shack and even a Starbucks. They obviously take a lot of pride in this area because several buildings were being painted as we walked past. They do a lot to keep everything looking neat and clean.



We asked a lady in one of the shops where we should eat lunch and she told us to go to a local place. We went in and found a seat. Luckily the menu was in English and Spanish. I ordered chicken strips and french fries thinking I couldn't go wrong with that. We were after all getting on an airplane shortly and I did not want an upset stomach. The chicken strips were not at all what we eat. They were AWESOME!! It was fajita meat that had been lightly battered and fried with onions served on top. I'm not a fan of onions but they gave a great flavor and I easily moved them to the side. Terry got another fabulous sandwich.
This was right after we ate lunch. The group of guys in this picture were US Coast Guard. There was a very strong police and military presence down there. I loved this view because there we were in a downtown area and you could see the ocean and even further in the distance, mountains. Beautiful!!




You can see how narrow the streets were. When we were driving around through here it was slightly stressful so I was glad when we found a place to park and got out.



This is the last picture we took while in Puerto Rico. We left from here and headed to the airport. It was such a great and well needed vacation. We had such a great time and I really do hope that we will someday get to go back.

0 comments: