Richards Reflections

Thursday, July 24, 2008

We LOVE the River!!

A few weeks ago (YES! I am very behind on my blogging) we went to New Braunfels for our annual river trip. This year we rented two travel trailers. I was pretty nervous about pulling it but Terry did a great job!! Our spot faced Mom and Dad's so we had the whole middle area to hang out.

Bella finally got to meet her Great Aunt Marcia and Great Uncle Jerry. They got to meet Ryan also but somehow I didn't get a picture of that.
Aunt Marcia
Uncle Jerry

We arrived on Sunday afternoon. We couldn't wait to get down to the water. Those pictures are on my water camera, yet to be developed. (I really am behind!!) Sunday we just hung out down by the water. Monday we floated. Terry, Tim, Alyssa, Courtney and I all floated Monday morning. When we got back Niki had arrived so we went again. It was after 8:00 pm when we got off of the river. I've never floated that late before and don't think I will ever again, It was COLD!! Tuesday we just hung out at the river under the tent most of the day. Bella had her first experience down by the river. No we did not put her in a tube, she just hung out. Wednesday Niki headed back to Houston and all of us minus Dad headed to San Marcos to do a lot of shopping. Dad hung out at the river all day. I'm pretty sure he made some new friends because every time I talked to him, he was talking to other people in the background. Go figure!! Thursday we finally got Dad to float with us. We never got Mom in a tube, I'm not sure we ever will. Terry, Courtney, Dad and I all floated. We had a great relaxing time. The water was great this year. Not too high and not to low.
Bella didn't get the memo....There's no crying at the river!

Niki and Courtney

Tired Bella and Daddy

Dad was SO HAPPY!! I think he loves the river as much as Terry and me.

More happy floaters!
Disclaimer: Courtney did not float down the river in her own tube. This picture was taken while we were sitting under the tent and they were playing in the water which was about 2 feet deep. When she did float with us, she floated with Terry in a double tube. Dad referred to the tube as the "double wide".

Mama and Bella


Hanging out under the tent.

Sleepy baby!

SMILES!

Nana and her grandgirls

cousins

On our way home on Friday we stopped in Gruene. I love this little place. We ate at the Gristmill and walked around for a little while.










Our trip was great!! I am already looking forward to next year!!

1 comments:

amanda and austin said...

We love the river too! Next time you are this close let me know! Bella and Molly need to meet!