Richards Reflections

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Random

We have been so busy the last couple of months that it is hard to sit down and really blog. Terry's kids soccer season is in full swing. We have had several baby showers and we are finishing up Bella's bedroom. I am busy at work trying to make sure everything is ready to go for maternity leave. I have my last 2 week appt next week and then I start going weekly. We are meeting Bella's pediatrician on the 5th. It just seems like there is so much to do at the end of pregnancy when I am so tires and don't feel like doing any of it. I really need a pedicure but I can't seem to come up with the energy to go get one. Now that is sad!

A few nights ago our neighbor across the street came over and told us that there had been some break-ins down the street. WHAT!?!?! It appears they were breaking in during the day so they were watching people to see what kind of schedules they kept. Well the next morning (Monday) Terry calls me in a panic, he can't find his wallet or his Ipod. It appears he left his brand new truck unlocked and someone made themselves at home. He called the police and they said he wasn't the only one that had happened to. So he spent the day getting a new debit card and taking care of that. Now one would think he would have taken special precaution to lock his truck and set the alarm 30 minutes after we were told about the robberies. NOPE!! He went to put something in his truck and forgot to lock it. I had to pick up Courtney from school on Monday afternoon and take her to dance. I brought her back to our house since Terry was home. They went on a nature walk in the backyard and then we read some books, ate a snack, and got dressed for dance. Terry went with us and as we were driving down the road his phone rang and he was telling them about his truck and wallet. This is conversation I had with Courtney as she heard what Uncle Ter Ter was telling the guy.

Courtney: Auntie Em, there are some mean people in this world.
Me: Unfortunately you are right.
Courtney: But there are more nice people in the world than mean people.
Me: I hope you are right about that.

Thoughts from a 4 year-old.

Needless to say Terry is locking and alarming his truck every night.

We had our maternity pictures taken yesterday. I can't wait to see them. Terry got in goofy mode so I am pretty sure there will be some funny ones. I will post some of them as soon as I get them.

Ok, I think I have rambled enough. I am taking a trip back to good ole FHS this weekend for a Wranglerette reunion and Spring Show. Should be lots of fun.

0 comments: