Richards Reflections

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Back in Time

On Saturday I took a trip down memory lane, going back to good ole FHS for a Wranglerette 35th Anniversary celebration. We had been asked to dance and as much as I really wanted to, there was no way I could have pulled it off. The 90's section of the dance had high kicks and leaps in it. Seriously, I haven't danced in a LONG time and I'm pretty sure that would have put me into labor........hmmmmm.......come to think of it, maybe I should have given it a shot. Oh well it turned out there were only 2 class of 95ers that took part in the dance. We went to the luncheon and that was nice. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a better turn out, but it was still fun.

Several years after I left high school the team got a new dance room. You see while I was there, we practiced in the hallway every morning. Now they have a studio with mirrors and everything. We were a little jealous when we saw it, but it is great that they have been taken care of that way. This was the first time that I had seen the new drill room and I knew that Mom had bought a brick with my name on it for the wall. I was so excited to finally get to see it. After all the excitement of the luncheon I came home and backed my bag for the hospital (yes I finally did it) and rested for a little bit. Then Stacy came over and we picked up Niki and met Amanda at La Casita (Friendswood's finest Mexican restaurant). It was great seeing Amanda and Stacy. Stacy only lives 5 minutes from me now so hopefully we will see more of each other (right Stac!). We then went on to Spring Show. It brought back so many memories. Those were some good days back in the 90's. I loved being on that stage. Choir. Dance. Musical! So much fun!


The bricks on the wall.


There I am!!


Nik and I in the drill room.


Niki and I reenacting her being lost and me pulling her in the right direction :)


Kim doing her famous fuete. She use to do this all the time in high school and we all thought it was hilarious. I should have gotten video of it.


Me, Niki, Kim and Jenny doing the "twist fall".


Outside the drill room. Proof I shouldn't be attempting high kicks!! And no I didn't fall over even though it looks like I was on my way.


At least Nik doesn't look like she's about to fall over.



Toni, Jenny, Kim, Niki and Me


RED SQUAD!!! Toni and I were on Jenny's red squad our Senior year.


Spring Show! Stacy, Amanda, Niki and Me.

I think we should make it a habit of going back and watching Wranglerette Spring Show every year!!!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I had the BEST time and it was so nice to see you again Em!
Love ya!!
I agree, we should all go back every year. New tradition.
But next year I have got to take Haley and show her my old stomping grounds.

Melibelle said...

AWE how fun! wish our school did something like that! :)