Richards Reflections

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Well here is the very first picture of our little munchkin. This was taken on transfer day, September 6th. I know it is really hard to see but there is an arrow pointing at a little dot, actually 4 dots, but one shows up better so we will just say that is "the chose one". Everyone's first question to us is "how many"? Well we don't know that yet. My HCG (pregnancy hormone) level is 487. That is supposedly very strong for a singleton but not quite to the multiples range. We will know for sure in two weeks when we have our first ultrasound. I also have another HCG blood test Monday morning to make sure the HCG is aggressively going up. Pray that it continues to rise.

I'm feeling a lot of movement in my belly which I'm told is my uterus expanding. YIKES!! I'm pretty sure it won't be long until I'm showing. So exciting that this is no longer my Infertility Blog and now it is my Pregnancy Blog.

As for us, we are beside ourselves. This morning was crazy. We have been waiting for this for 6 years. To have it finally happen is SO surreal. We were so excited we made a trip to Baby's-R-US just because we could. Oh... and my due date is May 25, 2008. Awesome timing. I won't have to take but a couple of weeks of maternity leave. And then I get the whole summer off. I'm sure going back to school in the Fall will probably be hard. Oh well, just so excited I'm going to have a reason to make it hard.

Well, I am pretty worn out today and must get up for work in the morning. Thank you all so much for your prayers. THEY WORKED!!! Now we just have to pray for a healthy pregnancy and baby. Love you all!!

0 comments: