Richards Reflections

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Brynlee is 5 months

Dearest Brynlee,
You are so sweet. You are the sweetest natured baby and I could just eat you up ALL. THE. TIME. You giggle and smile a lot; those giggles and smiles melt my heart. You are still sleeping in your craddle beside our bed. It's just easier that way since you are still nursing. That's my excuse anyway. I think it's a good one. You had RSV this month and that was not fun. You had to get your first breathing treatments and now you will be more likely to have asthma. I figured one of my kiddos would get it from me. I'm so sorry. All that coughing messed up your perfect sleeping pattern. Mommy has not had one full night of sleep since Thanksgiving. I'm not complaining. I'm just tired :). It is slowly getting closer to being back to normal. Let's just hope RSV stays away.

Because of you being sick we didn't get to have you 4 month check-up until a week ago. Your stats are:

height: 24 3/4 in (55%)
weight: 12lbs 5 ozs (13%)
head: 16 in (29%)


Dr. T says you are right on track! She said we could start one very small feeding of cereal a day but she would prefer you to stay on just breastmilk since you are on the smallish side. We shall see. If you start acting more interested in food we will give it a try.


You are still wearing your size 1 diapers and 3 month clothes. I don't mind. You can stay little forever if you would like.

You LOVE your mommy and I can not get enough of that. You have even started reaching for me in your own way. If we are in the same room and I am not holding you, you are giving me the stare down. I'm pretty sure you are talking to me with your eyes and saying, "Over here Mommy! Come get me!" It usually works because I can not resist you. Oh boy am I ever in trouble!

You have recently attempted rolling over. You have been hanging out in your bumbo chair and your excersaucer. You are changing so much everyday. Let's slow down a little, ok.

I love you to the moon and back! Love, Mommy

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: