Richards Reflections

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Holidork Sweater Party

Friday night Terry and I went to our friend's George and Holly's for a Holidork Sweater Party. The purpose of the party was to see who could come up with the dorkiest old Christmas sweater. Unfortunately all the the Christmas sweatshirts I had in the 80's have all disappeared. Imagine that! So it became my duty to "create" our attire. Let me just start off by saying that iron-on transfers and I are NOT friends. I found this cute little snowman, glitter and all, that said "Let it Sew". I thought it was perfect for...........Terry's shirt. So I began preparing to iron it on and I couldn't get it to stick. I tried 3 different times, each time turning up the iron (don't do that). The last time I checked on it the plastic was a "touch" wrinkled. I began for the last time try and peal away the plastic, this time not only did it stick, but it was STUCK. At this time I decided to forget it, after all it was a contest for the dorkiest sweater, RIGHT? So I just left the plastic on it, used a little puff paint and voila, you have a dorky shirt. Now, you can tell by the expression on his face that by the time we got to the party he was no longer "feeling" the shirt. He particularly did not like the pearl necklace I had made for the collar of the shirt. I must tell you that at first he thought the shirt was awesome, until he actually had to wear it. Poor guy, he was dead tired and feeling a little uncomfortable. We knew a few people there but definitely not everyone. If you know Terry, you know it is not like him at all to be uncomfortable in social situations. He finally perked up after a little while and began to enjoy himself.I did make myself a shirt also, but certainly did not do as much damage to mine as I did to his. Not on purpose, it just worked out that way. I must say as I was puff painting my shirt, it reminded me of going to my grandparents in the Summer and my cousin Tiffany and I making some beautiful puffy paint shirts.

Niki was all on her own with her sweater. She got quite creative. Her sweater cracked me up.



Here are all the contestants in the sweater contest. Terry really had nothing to be worried about. It was great fun watching them all model their sweaters. Afterwards we had a dirty Santa gift exchange which got pretty funny. I ended up with fake cockroaches and a whoopi cushion. I left the cockroaches there for George and Holly to find later :) I shall point fingers and say "Kim helped me!!"
This is what Terry did to his shirt before we left. He RUINED it!! Look at him trying to look all innocent. Poor sewman no longer has a head, but he got the plastic off. I guess he won't be wearing this next year.

And a bonus pic. This is Kara, her mama is Jenny, a friend from high school. She is a CUTIE!! 10 months and already walking!!

We had a great time besides both of us being dead tired. Our bedtime these days is around 9pm. We are so SAD!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shirts! If I had known, I could have sent you one of my light up christmas tree sweatshirts from back in the day! With real lights! Its a classic.