Richards Reflections

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Ultrasound

Well yesterday was our ultrasound day. I was so nervous going into it. I kept having crazy thoughts that something bad had happened. So when I got on the table for the ultrasound I was almost in tears. Terry was holding my hand as she started the ultrasound. She confirmed how many embryos had been put back and started looking around. At first I freaked because I didn't see anything then she said "well I just see one gestational sac." As she said this Terry and I both saw the heart beating and burst into tears. That was definitely on the top of my list of awesome experiences. The baby's heart is beating at 122 beats per minute and is 6.1mm long, (not the heart, the baby). It's a tiny little thing but working hard. I go back for another ultrasound in 4 weeks and if everything is ok I will be headed back to the OB. Everything looks great so far. I still worry, I can't help it. I suppose that is what I will do until I die, now that there is a child on the way. Mom still worries about us and I'm sure the grandmothers still worry about their kids. I will post the picture of the ultrasound when I get home today, if I can peel myself off of the couch for a few minutes. So check back for Baby's second picture.

0 comments: