Richards Reflections

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Tim!!

So today my little brother turned 26 today. YIKES!! Considering that I just turned 30, I'm not liking that very much. It's hard to believe that we are all getting as old as we are. And we aren't even old!!! We had a great dinner with the fam. I got to see Braunsen (14- almost 15 y.o. cousin), I hadn't seen him since Christmas. I really miss that kid!!! He has grown up so much and is such an absolute joy to have a conversation with. I just want to eat him up, he is so precious. Can't believe he is going to be a Freshman in High School this year either. I remember when he used to run around the house in a diaper and wake me up in the middle of the night. He would run into my room screaming "EM". Of course at the time I didn't think it was funny, but now I'm glad I have those memories to look back on of him. Courtney was her normal sassy self, as usual. Lesli and Buddy were there. It was good to see them. I haven't seen much of them since Christmas either. Everybody is so busy and I have been a little preoccupied lately. I find myself lost in the sea of people around me. I have to try to snap myself back into the reality of where I actually am, and not in my fantasy world of...what's going to happen on Thursday? and Will this transfer work? I wanted to be present in the conversation, but when I am not directly involved I tend to mind wander. I'm worried and scared, happy and excited, and cautiously, cautiously, cautiously optimistic. I know that when this is all said and done that all of this will have happened for the perfect reasons. And truly I can't wait to find out what those reasons are. I pray every night that it is God's Will for us to be parents. And I promise to be the best parent I can be. I just hope He is ready for us to take on that roll. So as I sit here less than 36 hours away from those tiny little embryos being put back into my uterus where I can HOPEFULLY grow and protect them, I pray that this is God's timing and He is ready for us to take on this adventure.

So this post totally detoured from the title, but as you can see I am pretty one track minded right now. So Happy Birthday Tim, I love you!!!

0 comments: