Richards Reflections

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Frozen Embryo Transfer......Check!!!

So we got up early this morning to get ready to go to the Doctor's office. I was pretty nervous but in good spirits. I haven't been nervous about the actual transfer procedure, just what it entails over the next two weeks. So we finally get called back and they have me put on a gown and beautiful hat. They also had a hat for Terry and some great shoe covers. Terry was trying to put the shoe covers on and they were WAY to small. The nurse walked in and he showed her his feet and she said, "I ordered X-Large". I'm thinking that's weird because he doesn't have huge feet. So I'm sitting there reading my instructions and I keep looking at his feet. I told him he had to have put those things on wrong. He insists they are fine and they are just to small. Then Dr. S walks in to tell us about our PERFECT embryos, and Terry looks at her feet and says, "Mine don't look like that." She starts cracking up and has to help him put them on the correct way. It was pretty funny and she got a big kick out of it. Turns out Terry was the second husband this morning that had done the same thing and it was only 7:30. Who knew you actually had to have a PHd in order to put on surgical shoe covers. Anyway I laughed pretty hard and it was a GREAT distraction. So they finally got me back into the "sterile" room. Dr. S came in and took some blood and gave me some vallium. She put it straight into my vein so I was suddenly loopy. Terry was right beside me the whole time. They turned the ultrasound machine around so we could watch as they put the embryos where they belong. I was trying so hard to concentrate on it but I was quite out of it. All of the sudden Terry says, "There they are." And sure enough you could see the embryos hanging out in my uterus. They gave us a picture of it and when I can sit at our desktop computer I will scan it in and post it. It's pretty cool. NOW this does not mean that I am pregnant. The embryo(s) have to attach to my uterine wall before that happens. The odds are definitely with us but there is no guarantee. We will not know anything for two weeks. So the next two weeks will be pretty rough. I am on bed rest until Saturday and even after that I have to be on pretty much "light duty" until the pregnancy test. As of now I feel great. I have been feeling some cramping which is completely normal. My emotions have been "pretty" good today. I have only teared up twice. Once at the end of the procedure when I realized that they were in my belly and once this afternoon when Terry was talking to my belly giving those embryos a pep talk.

Our prayer for the next two weeks is that God will help those embryos figure out how they are suppose to attach and stay there, and that they are HEALTHY little babies.

They are healthy embryos and Dr. S was very impressed with them. They both got scores of AA so they are already GT kiddos!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you two. Terry keep talking to your kiddos they will appreaciate it. Lori and I love you guys and are so grateful that you are in our life. Thanks for all your support while Lori and I were going through our pregnancy. Avery says hello.

Unknown said...

i see ter still has problems getting dressed. at least you are consistent man. "light duty" for em means dish duty for ter. hahahahaha, have fun with that one buddy. em, u need to get a bell so u can just ring it instead of having to yell at him to put on your recorded soap operas. i am so excited about having new little brothers! i cant wait to see you guys again. take care and i love you guys!

ac

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I will be thinking about you over the next few weeks.