Richards Reflections

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sisters

This whole little sister thing has pretty much rocked Isabella's world. She is having a hard time adjusting, which was to be expected. Don't get me wrong, she loves her sister and loves to hold her and love on her. She is just use to our undivided attention, and she isn't getting as much of it so she is acting out. This is hard on us because she has always been so good and compliant. We rarely saw defiance in her but to say that now would not be the case. We know that she will calm down but turning 3 and getting a baby sister with in 2 months of each other is hard on a little girl. I know this to shall pass!

I was lucky enough to get some pictures of her being so sweet to Brynlee. These are the moments I'm so glad I have on camera.

PhotobucketAlign Center

There are some things that have blown Bella's mind, mostly breastfeeding and everything that goes with eat. The first time she saw me feed Brynlee, she watched for a minute, then said, "Mommy........ Is she eating your boob?". I died laughing, while I probably should have been explaining. She was quite concerned about what was going on.

Photobucket

The first time she saw me pumping, her poor little mind was blown. She had no idea what in the world was going on. She said, "Mommy....... Are you doing your boobs?". Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. Everytime she would leave the room or the house and come back in, the first thing she would ask me was, "Mommy, are you going to do your boobs?". She has gotten more use to me feeding and pumping so it's not that crazy to her anymore but she still talks to me about it.

Photobucket

One time when I was feeding Brynlee, Bella brought her doll over to the couch and sat down beside me and announced she was going to feed her doll. She proceeded to lift up her shirt and "feed" her baby. I couldn't help but think it was cute!

Photobucket

This child is a beautiful, fun, hilarious, mess and I couldn't love her more!

1 comments:

Hayley said...

PRECIOUS pictures and PRECIOUS memories!!!