Richards Reflections

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend started out with an unexpected date night for Terry and me. This rarely happens and never unexpectedly. I had to work Good Friday, (yuck!) we had a make-up day from that terrible snow storm that hit back in February. HA! Terry had a meeting downtown and Mom and Dad are off touring the world so we asked my brother if he they could watch Bella for us Friday morning. Bella was beside herself with excitement to go spend the day with Ryan. Well that day with Ryan turned into a night! She was super excited when she got there to find that Courtney was there as well. When her Daddy got there to pick her up...... she didn't leave with him! Bella had her very first sleepover (besides Nana and Papa's). She ended up sleeping with Uncle Tim and Alyssa. I warned him! Needless to say she had a great time and Terry and I got to go on a date! We went to eat at this great restaurant out in San Leon. It was nice to just sit and talk.

We got up Saturday morning and hit the grocery store. We were finished by 10 am. WOW!! It's amazing how quickly you can get things done without a child that wants everything in sight! Yes, I know, we are about to have two and I couldn't be more excited about that! After the store we went to get Bella and came home and played out in the backyard all afternoon. Bella swam and slid and rode her bike (in her pool)........ She also dyed some Easter eggs with her Daddy. Daddy got pretty creative and made some multi color eggs. Bella loved watching the eggs change colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They dying of the eggs didn't take long so Bella was back into the pool! She could not wait for the Easter bunny to come and hide them. Even though she will tell anyone who will listen she is scared of the Easter Bunny.

This morning we got up and got ready for church. Terry and I had nursery duty so we pretty much missed the Easter service. Bella was so excited to come in the nursery with us this morning but then she didn't want to go to Children's Church. I had to peel her off of me which hasn't happened in a very long time. After church we headed home to finish up cooking lunch, hunt eggs, and wait for Tim (my brother) and his family to get here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bella was so excited to find that the Easter Bunny had brought her Merlia, a Barbie she had been wanting and some other fun stuff for her to play with. She hunted for eggs and then we waited for her cousins to get here so we could eat.

Our parents abandoned us on Easter. True Story. I had to cook. True Story. It happened. Ok, Terry and I cooked. That's probably a truer story. Anyway, my parents abandoned us on Easter. Mom says she is never going to do that again. Dad says I have to cook every Easter now. Abandoned. On Easter.

So Tim, Alyssa, Courtney, Ryan, Fred (dog), and Izzy (dog) got here and we ate lunch then we hunted for eggs again. Bella is really getting into this egg hunting!

Photobucket

We had a great time and I'm so glad that they were able to come join us. Bella loves hanging out with her cousins and she was even more excited that they were at her house.

Photobucket
HaPpY EaStEr from the Richards/Cox clan (and Fred)!

On a side note, tonight Bella announced she wants to go to Heaven. While that is of course what I want for her, no doubt. I'm not ready to even think about that. Bittersweet words out of her baby mouth. Made this Mommy tear up and almost start crying.

1 comments:

Melanie Bacom said...

I wondered where you were during church. Will you be there Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I am getting very nervous.