Richards Reflections

Sunday, October 25, 2009

SFA Homecoming 2009


This weekend we headed up to our favorite place in Texas....Nacogdoches. It was SFA's homecoming and it is actually my 10th year. Yep, I'm that old. We met up with some friends which makes being up there even better. We got into town on Friday night and I couldn't help but get all emotional when we pull into town. I REALLY LOVE that place. There are so many good memories there and it just makes me happy to be surrounded by all things SFA.

Dear SFA,
I love you.
I miss you.

Love, Me

We met up with our friend Tim and his girlfriend Erin and headed out to La Carretta. Yummy mexican food. Then we were going to go out to the bonfire but gave up on that when we couldn't find a place to park..... plus it was cold :). We decided instead to go meet up with more friends. We turned in pretty early knowing we had a big day ahead of us on Saturday.

Saturday we got up and headed straight to the bookstore(s). We do this everytime we go. You can never have too many SFA shirts. We shopped while we waited for the rest of the group to get into town. Rebecca and RJ got there and got us a spot to hang out and we ran to get some food. Chicken Express...YUM.

Dear Chicken Express,
Please open a store in Clear Lake.
I would really like that a lot.
I promise I would never take you for granted.
I would eat your chicken everyday if you would just move here.

Love, Me

We headed up to the commuter parking lot and hung out and listened to the game. We never went in but we KILLED Sam Houston.

Dear Sam Houston,
You lost 42-3.
I call that a beat down.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
See you at Reliant next year.

Me

Me, Rebecca, and Natalie
YEA for good friends. Rebecca is now going to Sam Houston and will graduate in December. We're still friends. It's a good thing she didn't wear orange or we may not be :) Just kidding, she was in our wedding so I will always love her anyway.
Terry and me!

Rebecca and RJ

Tim and Erin

I ran back to the bookstore with Natalie and we decided to stop in at Steen Hall on the way back. She and I both lived there.....several years apart. We were curious if it still looked the same.

Dear Steen Hall,
You still smell funny.

Love, Me

Natalie talked the desk assistant into giving us a key to the show room. We went in and it felt so weird. The room has moveable beds now. Back in the day they were attached to the wall. AND they have microwaves. Those were a huge NO NO when I was there.



The second window was my room back in 1997.


The girls!


This is what happens when the boys get a hold of the camera. I shouldn't set it down.

We had so much fun this weekend getting together with everybody. Can't wait to do it again. Hopefully we won't wait a whole year!!!

We were ready to get home to our precious little princess. She was asleep when Mom and Dad got to their house with her so she was out of it. She woke up and I think she was excited to see us. As we were driving out of the neighborhood I turned around to talk to her and she blew me a kiss. CUTEST THING EVER!!! Luckily I had the camera with me and was able to capture the kiss blowing.

Dear Bella,
You are the most precious thing in the world.
I love you all the way to the moon and back.

Love, Mama

0 comments: