Richards Reflections

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Friday Night Lights

Last night we headed to Henry Winston Stadium to watch the Friendswood Mustangs take on the Santa Fe Indians. It rained all day but like last weekend in Warrenton we headed out anyway. Once again armed with ponchos and umbrellas. This time there was something much more exciting happening. My "little" cousin Braunsen was suited up and proudly wearing the number 55 on his jersey. His mama, Lesli, was also proudly wearing his jersey with the the number 55. I didn't get a picture of Lesli in that jersey, which I am now kicking myself for, but you could see how excited she was to be wearing it. One of Braunsen's friends had worn it all day at school and she showed up over at Lesli's before the game and said that Braunsen wanted his mama to wear it to the game. So she did....VERY PROUDLY. He has been playing JV this season so it was great that he got pulled up for this game. We are hopeful that he will be able to stay on Varsity AND get some playing time as well. He didn't get any time last night but we stayed till the very end anyway, rain and all. It was actually a very good game considering we lost 29-28 in the last minute of the game. Hate that!!

It's still always fun to head back to my old stomping grounds on a Friday night. I can still sing the fight song and remember the rush of entering the field in my Wranglerette uniform. Our friends Laura and Craig went with us to the game as well. Laura and I were on drill team together and plan on our daughters being W-gals together in the next 16 years. It's so fun to imagine that but at the same time......I'm willing to wait!!



Laura and I trying to stay warm and dry. Did I mention that it was COLD?


Halftime...the crowning of the Queen!


Braunsen is standing in the middle. These pictures aren't great because they were all taken with my iPhone, as have the last 3 posts. My point and shoot needs to be charged and I keep forgetting. Plus I'd rather not get my Rebel or P&S out in the rain. I kept my iPhone dry though.


1 comments:

Stacy said...

WOW!! Time flies, I remember when Braunsen was Zach's age.
I feel old. LOL