Richards Reflections

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bella's 2 month Dr.'s Appt.

Bella had her shots and weigh in on July 28. The whole shot experience was horrible and and I'm pretty sure all 3 of us never want to do that again. We started with the stats and she weighs a whopping 9lbs 3ozs (6th%) and is 23 1/4 in long (60th%). We have a long and skinny girl. Then we had the horrible part. Terry took over when the nurse came in the with shots. He laid her down on the table and the nurse came over with all the supplies. She started with the oral vaccine. Bella was loving that one, apparently it tastes like sugar water. So they finish with that and the nurse tells Terry to hold her arms. (I am sitting behind Terry, not watching.) He held her arms and she starts smiling at him when all of the sudden the nurse comes in and sticks her. I think it literally took her breath away and then she screamed bloody murder. Luckily the nurse was fast but I LOST it. Terry picked her up off the table and held her for about 2 seconds before I took her from him. I had to love on her. She did calm down pretty quickly. Actually I think she may have quit crying before I did. Terry told me when he got home that he kept replaying that in his head all day. I felt really bad for him that he had to hold her down. But I'm not doing it anytime soon!! Anyway she slept all day and all night. I kept her full of Tylenol so she wouldn't be to sore. She was pretty fussy for a few days but all in all handled it all pretty well. Now we will do it all over again in 2 more months. Not looking forward to that at all. I got some really sweet pictures of her when we got home.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know shots stink!! Unfortunately, in Hunter's case it has only gotten worse. She touches the paper on the doctor's table and starts crying. I am sure that Bella will not be so dramatic as my child!!

Anonymous said...

THAT POPPED COLLAR ROCKS BELLA!