Richards Reflections

Saturday, March 26, 2011

....and they call the thing rodeo

We had a wonderful Spring Break! We mostly relaxed but we did get out a little bit towards the end of the week. I love that Spring time in Houston also brings the rodeo. It's one of my favorite things about living in the Houston area. We had never been during the day during Spring Break and quite honestly I'm not sure we will do it again. The last two years we have just taken Bella during the week in the evening before Spring Break and it hasn't been to crowded. During Spring Break that place is CROWDED! I'm glad we got to go though. We met Mom, Dad, Mema, Papa, Courtney, and Ryan and headed in to pet some animals. Bella loves the animals...alot! She has no fear with them and makes herself right at home with the goats and pigs and llamas.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She also got to see the baby chicks. Tonight she was looking at these pictures, I asked her what she thought baby chicks ate, she said, "cookies". If I was a baby chick, that's what I would want!

Bella went home with Mom and Dad and Terry and I got to stay and meet up with our friends Lori and Adam for some Zac Brown Band. Terry and I sat outside and people watched for a while waiting on them. Interesting mix of people at the rodeo. We had already eaten but when they got there they both had food on a stick so naturally I needed some food on a stick. I got an awesome sausage on a stick. Terry wanted a bite and he DROPPED MY SAUSAGE ON THE GROUND! How are you going to take a pregnant woman's food on a stick and then drop it on the ground. Good thing I looked up and saw some homemade chocolate chip cookies (I would not share these with baby chicks). Oh My Goodness! Lori and I shared a "few" of them. They were hot and gooey and yummy goodness. I had chocolate all over my fingers including under my fingernails. You know those were some GOOD cookies. After I finished eating my "few" cookies we headed inside to listen to some loud and awesome music. Bella had fun spending time with her great and grand parents and cousins and we had fun getting to hang out with our friends!


0 comments: