Richards Reflections

Saturday, February 28, 2009

So long, Farwell........

So I think one of the reason's I have been so far behind on blogging is because I was dreading writing this post. Grammy died about a month ago and I guess I just really haven't felt ready to post about it yet. She just never came back after her surgery. I think she gave up and didn't really want to go through the recovery. I know she is in a much better place and that she is happy and healthy again. I just can't help by miss her. I found myself a few weeks ago wondering if she would be at lunch. There was a split second there that I had forgotten she was gone. I asked Mom a question the other day and we realized that Grammy would have been able to answer the question. It feels really weird to know that we can't ask her things anymore. I'm sad that she won't get to see Bella grow up and that Bella probably won't remember her. Boy did they love each other!! Even when Grammy was really going down hill those last couple of weeks she still wanted to see Bella. I'm so glad that I have lots of pictures of them together so that I can tell Bella about her.

The last thing Grammy said to me was that she loved me. Luckily for me, Mom, Courtney, and Bella that was the last thing she said to all of us. We told her we loved her before we left and she told each of us that she loved us too. The next time I saw her she was unresponsive. I have those words to hang on to for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, I know Grammy loved me, but that being the last thing said gives me peace.

She was quite a woman that Grammy of mine.

4 generations. This was taken Thanksgiving 08 right at 2 months before she died. She looks so good here and I am so "thankful" to have this picture.

I love you and miss you, Grammy!!!

0 comments: