Richards Reflections

Monday, March 8, 2010

Poop in the Tub


"poop in the tub
poop in the tub
not sure what to do with the poop in the tub"

{sung to the tune of "pants on the ground"}

I'm guessing that you could probably figure out the fun stuff that happened at bath time tonight.

We had poop in the tub, people, poop in the tub!


Bella was minding her own business, splashing, playing, and generally making a wet mess of the bathroom. I was just hanging out on the floor watching her and pretty much getting soaked. Out of nowhere I notice some poop floating around with her. Somehow she did not notice and kept right on playing. I chuckled to myself, called for Terry (I wasn't getting it out) and reached to pull Bella out of the tub. It was about this time that Bella displayed the most horrifying scream with her whole body tensing up then flailing all over the place. She saw the poop and it scared her to death. I mean she may as well have just spotted one of those scary guys from a horror movie. I started laughing hysterically (because I'm very sensitive when my child is scared) and couldn't do anything with her. She threw herself on the floor because she could not bear to look at the poop. Daddy came to the rescue and got the poop out.......with toilet paper.....cause that doesn't fall apart when you put it in water. I was still laughing, hysterically. Terry cleaned out the tub and there was no way Bella was getting back in there. The thought of that poop was enough to send her over the edge and she wasn't going back in. Terry got it with all his clothes on and squatted down trying to coerce her to come in with him. We finally put her in but there was no way she was sitting down or letting go of her Daddy's shirt. We finally got her all washed up and got her in her pj's and away from the poop. Needless to say, I was entertained.....

I'll refrain from pictures for this post. You probably wouldn't want to see those. Hopefully we will be through with the posts about bodily functions.


0 comments: